WHO are we?
We are students from Gordonvale SHS and have formed a Book Review Club.
WHAT do we do?
We review books, both paper and digital books. We can write reviews on books that we read, and gather information from the ‘Quick Book Review’ Survey to make recommendations on books.
WHERE and WHEN do we meet?
We meet every Wednesday, second lunch break in L02.
WHY do we meet?
· We have a passion for reading.
· We want to encourage everyone to read books of their choice.
· We want to review books to provide an insight into the story of the book and hopefully encourage others to read the books.
HOW does the Club function?
· We read the book.
· We discuss the book with others.
· We then write a review about the book.
· This is published online via the school library Oliver system.
· We also want to encourage students to complete the ‘Quick Book Review’ survey to help us gauge what books students are interested in reading.
· We then want to run a theme-based activity based on the book review responses provided by all students who borrowed books from the library.
ABOVE ALL, we want to promote the ENJOYMENT of READING.